Also called Lysholm Motors or Screw Motors)
The positive displacement screw expander concept is technically used in limited numbers for the following applications:
- Air cycle cooling generator.
- ORC power generator.
- Steam system power generator.
- Geothermal power generator.
- Liquid refrigerant expansion valve.
- Heavy metal pollution cleaning systems.
- Pneumatic starters.
- Natural gas expansion.
SRM has built and tested a large amount of twin screw expanders for many applications. (Synchronized as well as non-synchronised versions.)
Expander rotor sizes from 40 mm to 202 mm have been tested in SRM’s versatile laboratories using dynamometers up to 450 kW shaft power.
SRM provide customers with complete units or machine design only.